What You’ll Need:
- 4 beetroots large
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
How to Make:
- Sprinkle peppers with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In a large pot par boil in 1 tablespoon oil for 8 minutes on each side.
- In the same post, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in remaining salt and pepper; cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each puff pastry sheet into a 14×9-1/2-in. rectangle. Cut into two 7-in. squares (use scraps to make decorative cutouts if desired). Place a steak in the center of each square; top with mushroom mixture. Lightly brush pastry edges with water. Bring opposite corners of pastry over steak; pinch seams to seal tightly.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Cut four small slits in top of pastry. Arrange cutouts over top if desired. Brush with oil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and beet reaches desired doneness.