2.1 When we collect your personal data: We receive and collect Personal Data from you when you provide us your information to sign-up to our newsletters, when you download our resources (reports, ebooks, guides), when you contact us for sales enquiries, when you submit your company and product information for inclusion in our e-directories and reports, when you sign up to our events, when you contact us for a general enquiry or when you make a purchase and provide your billing information. We receive and collect Personal Data from your browser or mobile device about your use of the Sites and Service. We use log files and analytics tools to analyse trends, administer the Sites and Service, track users’ movement around the Sites and Service, and gather statistical data. We use “cookies”, technical identifiers and Pixels in order to provide and enhance our Sites and Service. We also collect limited data regarding your system and device, such as your mobile device id or browser preferences. We receive and collect Personal Data from Third Parties, such as service providers, ad networks and marketing agencies, or from Services Integrations when you use third party integrations.
2.2 What personal data we collect or may collect: (a) anonymous information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths); (b) information that you provide to us when registering with our website; (c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address); (e) information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use); (f) information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details); (g) information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication); (i) any other personal information that you choose to send to us; and (j) information contained in opt-in forms, that might also be used by authorised third parties with your express consent (k) anonymous cookie ID, Advertising ID, and/or device ID to segment user groups for marketing purposes, and to execute retargeting campaigns in order to deliver personalised advertising by Live Events or authorised third parties (l) Pixel tags that tell us what parts of the website have been visited or measure the effectiveness of searches users perform on the website. We may also use pixel tags in email messages to tell us whether emails have been opened to assure that we are only sending messages that are of interest to our users.
2.3 Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. How we use your personal data: Personal information submitted to us through our Sites and resources, including digital publications and webinars, will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the websites or individual resources.
We may use your personal information to: (a) supply to you services purchased, subscribed to or requested through our websites, including but not limited to the (b) accessing resources you requested to read or download; (c) send you notifications about events you have registered or requested to attend; (d) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested; (e) send you our email newsletters, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter); (f) send you marketing communications relating to our business (or the businesses of trusted and fully disclosed third-parties) which we think may be of interest to you, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); (g) send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you; (h) send you relevant communications that we have a legitimate interest in sending you; (i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users; (j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website; (k) keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
3.1 If you submit personal information for publication on our websites, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
4. Disclosing personal information: We may disclose your personal information: (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law; (b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and (e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information. (f) to authorised third parties (sponsors) when you submit your data to access our resources, including but not limited to ebooks, webinars, reports. You will be informed of the sponsors’ names at signup. (g) to business partners and affiliates, so they can contact you in order to offer or promote our products and services. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Outside links:
5.1 Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
5.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
6. Cookies and Pixels:
6.1 Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
6.2 The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
6.3 There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
6.4 Cookies on our website. Live Events uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes: (a) Social Media Cookies (b) Google Analytics Cookies (c) Ecommerce Cookies (d) Facebook pixel (e) Nimble pixel (f) Yesware pixel
6.6 Refusing Cookies. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (a) In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. (b) In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
6.7 Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of our websites.
7. Remarketing: We may use Google’s remarketing service to target our or third party’s ads to you based on your prior use of the Site when you visit on other sites in Google Display or Search Network.
8. Security of your personal information:
8.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
8.2 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
8.3 You are responsible for keeping any password you should use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
9. How long we keep your personal data: Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
10.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
10.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you agree with any changes to this policy.
11. Your rights: You will be asked to expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for the purposes outlined in this Policy. We always provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, cancel your subscriptions, delete your profile, delete your data altogether. Please let us know if you wish to update or delete the personal data we hold about you by emailing us or simply unsubscribe from any email where an unsubscribe or opt-out link is provided.
12. Children’s Privacy: Our Sites and services are not structured to attract children under the age of 16, and we do not intend to collect Personal Data from anyone we know to be under 16. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under 16 years, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us.
13. Our details:
13.1 This website is owned and operated by Live Events (Pty) Ltd.
13.2 We are registered in South Africa.
13.3 You can contact us by using our website contact form or by email.
Last reviewed: July 1, 2019.