One in six couples in South Africa struggles with infertility, a disease that can be caused by a large range of factors from low-sperm count, to polycystic ovary syndrome, through to stress and other lifestyle factors. Sometimes, the underlying causes are never found and you could be one in 30% of cases with “unexplained infertility”. The causes of infertility can be as diverse as the couples trying to conceive but, the one thing that most have in common, is the enormous amount of stress it places on all your relationships. Infertility is a lonely and misunderstood disease.
It’s often difficult for couples to know where to turn, when attempting to find a solution to their conception challenges. It’s with this in mind that Live Events is proud to offer couples, medical practitioners and fertility experts, the first of its kind, one-stop information portal in the form of the Fertility Show Africa, which takes place at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Johannesburg from 6 to 7 March 2020.
The show will bring together leading fertility experts and is the only event in Africa where couples will have access to so much expertise and support in one place at one time. It will also allow infertility patients access to the people behind the organisations that can help them on their journey to conception.
Says Saskia Williams, Director and CEO of IFAASA (Infertility Awareness Association of South Africa), sponsor of the Fertility Show Africa Expert Talks: “The knowledge that the public will gain from the potential speaker line up as well as the exhibitors is priceless. When it comes to a disease such as infertility, knowledge is definitely power. We happily endorse this event and will help to make it the success it deserves to be.”
Reasons to partner with the Fertility Show Africa
The show, which aims to attract visitors who are struggling to conceive or on a journey to parenthood, will attract a wide range of exhibitors as well as a line-up of expert speakers who will present on topics – from IVF to surrogacy and adoption – designed to inform and enlighten couples who’re trying to start or grow their family.
Participating on Fertility Show Africa will provide you with the unique opportunity to educate couples facing infertility and ensure they are given enough accurate information to make informed choices. Your participation will
contribute to the success of the show’s mission which is to grow awareness around infertility and provide reliable information.
Opportunities for visitors include support and specialised information around:
- Alternative therapies, including acupuncture, reiki, vitamins and supplements, as well as eating and lifestyle options to encourage fertility
- Artificial insemination, IVF and ICSI
- Egg, sperm and embryo donation
- The LGBT community
- Legal and ethical aspects
- Treatment options and ways in which to optimise egg and sperm health
Opportunities for exhibitors include:
- Face-to-face interaction and immediate feedback with a highly engaged audience
- The ability to generate awareness of your products by showcasing your specialist range and alternative offerings to a public that is actively seeking solutions
- The opportunity to align your brand with the most credible experts in the field of fertility and adoption
- The launch of new products and services, as well as a means to identify new products and markets
In addition, exhibitors will receive pre- and post-show marketing support and feedback through press releases, social media, direct marketing, promotional emails and editorial.